Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Farewell Emails

Now that we have been seeing quite a few farewell emails at work, how about this one.

I always used to think when people write farewell emails, do they really mean it? All the nice goody goody words. Do we really tell what we want to tell?

Having said that, being optimisitic, I can also assume that may be the guys who write goody goody farewell emails really felt only goody and moved only for better career prospects or for other priorities in life. But is it always true. The above post and also an attached comment show how it may not be and how somebody has written what they wanted to tell.

As a matter of fact, I have written only one farewell email till date, and I must confess I wrote something similar to the posts I have sent link too but not really that harsh and not with names etc. It was not goody for sure. I tried to ensure that I communicated to the management and the "stratosphere" (this is my friend's usage for senior management), what I felt and why I was leaving the company. And guess what, there was immediate action on my email which I learnt later from my colleagues whom I had left there and also from a phone call from the top HR of the company. It is a pity that I don't have a copy of that email. I seem to have lost it.

But the posts above are carrying it a bit too far.

To end this how about this song for saying bye..

Get this widget | Share | Track details

Enjoy..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post.It is so important to provide the right feedback in the most appropriate manner when one leaves (but not in the "Last working day" e-mails). A Concise, Objective, Brief,Balanced and Sincere feedback is a must. But the ones in the link are extreme and unprofessional to say the least, but I can only imagine how bad it must have been working in those companies/teams.

-Vidya

Parry said...

darn the previous comment left me wondering .. whAAAAttt ... till I read who wrote it ... :p

Great mails I thought ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice one, thanks for the tip


vydeleniya pri e'rekcii